The Corona Shielding Rings Common Material Introduction
There are main three grade materials used in corona shielding rings and shielding parts production, this article will have a brief introduction about these materials.
It is a popular material to use for corona shielding rings and parts production because it is both cost effective and high weather resistance. The soft hardness is easily processing and polishing. Since aluminum material is high strength with light weight, our partners can benefit from the material because the corona products made of these are high purity and light for transportation and easily installed.
- Good Weldability: Grade 3A21/6061/6063 aluminum material have good weldability for corona shielding ring production process. After the welding process, our Highv workers will set about doing polishing process for rings. As you know, the soft aluminum material is easily for this process. Not only the diameters of corona ring can influence the corona effect, but also the corona ring needs to be polished bright to achieve more smooth and no burr surface finish to ensure better corona control effect.
- Light Weight: High purity aluminum density is 2.7g/cm3. This feature is high cost-effective no matter what is for industry production still for the shipment. Choosing the aluminum material for your corona rings production can help you save your time and money.
- Corrosion Resistance: Aluminum naturally protects itself by forming a layer of oxide in its surface when in contact with the atmosphere that prevents further corrosion. So this feature can help aluminum corona rings a longer operation life period.
- Environmentally Friendly: Aluminum has a very low melting point therefore it can be easily melted and 100% of it can be reused.
The combination of all these amazing properties make aluminum the material of choice for aluminum corona shielding rings and components applications.
Copper alloys offer 99.80% IACS high electric conductivity and high precision appearance, making them a popular choice for custom made of electrical conductors and shield copper balls. The copper spheres are widely used in power frequency withstand voltage test.
- The outstanding characteristics of copper is high electrical and thermal conductivities. Many applications of copper parts are based on these characteristics.
- Copper is a very ductile and malleable metal. Copper ball or sphere produced from it also have excellent ductility, which is an important part to do sphere gap measurement and high voltage test.
- Copper is also resistant to a wide variety of corrosive environments.
Stainless steel is the kind of material which is not easy rust, acid resistance and corrosion resistance, so it is widely used in light industry and heavy industry. Sometimes end users need some special corona rings made of stainless steel for outdoor application.
- Grade 201 reduces corona shielding ring producing cost, increases mechanical strength and makes grade 201 work harden at a faster rate than grade 304 material.
- Grade 304 stainless steel material is a smart choice for your stainless steel corona shielding ring project and longevity. It is cost-effective in comparison to other stainless steel materials. Grade 304 material’s high quality and durability ensures that your product lasts a long time and the production of it is suitable for almost industry use.
- Grade 316 stainless steel material, is a popular grade of stainless steel where superior corrosion resistance is of primary importance. Grade 316 stainless steel corna ring is could be used for outdoor high voltage applications.
For more information, kindly browse our website or contact us at any time.
Need Technical Support?